Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Dang, I'm lazy


Wow... it's been a week. Let's see...
I got a job. Starting Monday, I will be a member of Nestle USA doing a supply chain/customer support thing for Nestle's Wal-Mart division. It sounds like a good gig. And it's the job I was looking for last year when I was trying to get out of the pub. Instead I found the meat heads and Rod.
But the future is looking much better now...
I posted some new pictures on the 360. Some new doggie pics, some new random pics, and pics from our trip to Vegas. Go, view, enjoy.
Currently, I'm reading "Coyote Blue" by Christopher Moore. I don't know what's up with me, but lately I've been reading fiction. Granted it's mostly Christopher Moore or Douglas Adams, but it's actually been a nice escape. Some upcoming fiction I want to read: "The Third Policeman" by Flann O'Brien, "Anything for Billy" by Larry McMurtry, "The Historian" by Elizabeth Kostova, and numerous Nick Hornby books.
If you haven't read any Christopher Moore stuff, I highly recommend him. Imagine if Stephen King had an idea and the Douglas Adams wrote the book.
So just a few hours ago, Texas executed an illegal immigrant from Mexico. Angel Maturino Resendiz, aka "The Railroad Killer", killed at least 15 people around the US back in the late 90's. Mexico, you know, our neighbors to the south, complained and demanded he be spared because he was mentally unfitto be executed. He wasn't mentally unfit to brutally rape, stab, and bludgeon to death a med student in her own home, but that's beside the point. The state found him competant, so whatever.
If Mexico is so upset, why don't they demand to have him sent back to Mexico and placed in one of their jails/mental institutions (at Mexico's expense). He was one of their citizens, here illegally. Maybe they did offer, I don't know, but I don't see that in any of the news reports. Hey Mexico, instead of acting idignant about the US "mistreating" the [ILLEGAL] Mexicans here, why don't you stop mistreating your citizens that still reside in Mexico? Then maybe they wouldn't leave Mexico and come here...
World Cup: Bruce Arena needs to go. Australia got screwed. Ronaldo ain't done yet. Ronaldinho ain't done much. Rooney needs to score. England and Germany still going. France CAN actually score goals.
My pal Ray wants to have a "Mix CD" competition. So far, it's between him and me, but we're looking for other participants. What we're looking for is a mix CD that is random as hell and yet, still flows. Basically, put your DJ skills to the test. Design the craziest mix of music that just blends together into a work of art. Anybody interested? Let me know.
A quick word to the Dallas Mavs: You guys had better be hungrier next year, that's all I got to say. Ya'll really disappointed me.
I tried to use natural fertilizer in the garden, but that didn't work. All I could ever grow was corn.

No comments: