Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Nothing special

Well, it's day 2 of the vacation/unemployment...
Last week was a huge disappointment. Nobody at work talked to me about much of anything. I heard through HR that management had no interest in trying to come to any sort of an agreement. So, that just further reinforces my belief that leaving that rat hole was a good idea. Oh well... they can go about their business and I can go about mine.
(I tell ya though, after working there, and seeing some of poor management and questionable meat handling procedures, it makes me not want to buy ground beef from most of the local grocery stores...)
***itunes currently playing: Bad Medicine - Bon Jovi***
So the other night, we were coming home from Cousin's BBQ in Crowley and there's this car that passes us that just has my mind spinning as to what the backstory is. This car is a rental car, being driven poorly (weaving a little, crossing the solid lines) by an older woman, and it has two kitchen chairs upright in the backseat (so that you can only see the backs of the chairs through the rear window). What in the heck is going on here? A drunk woman rents a car to transport a portion of a set of kitchen furniture? Why? Well, maybe she wasn't drunk... I don't know... maybe she's a lizard person who never learned to drive...
***itunes currently playing: Why's Everybody Always Pickin' On Me?- Bloodhound Gang***
I've had a couple of job interviews already, but no confirmations one way or the other. There are a couple of other places that might call, but I don't know. I hope I get a job soon.
Dallas Mavericks: I'm going to say they'll lose. Yep. Done. Screwed it up. Why? Because that's exactly what I said when it looked like Phoenix was about to do something. I'm a pessimist. And I think they do better when I have no confidence in them.
Team USA: Ranked 5th in the world my butt. I don't know who's at fault here, but these guys seem to be pretty undisciplined and aren't working well as a team.... soooooo.... I'm thinking Bruce Arena needs to go bye-bye
***itunes currently playing: Don't Ask Me - Public Image Limited***
Well, I guess it's about time to go watch England v Sweden and go through some boxes of gargbage!

No comments: